The Twelve Days of Christmas - The Gift of Consistency


The Lord rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness.
1 Samuel 26:23

I never question if he'll do what he says. He is as reliable and faithful as the turning of the seasons. This is one of the many things my husband does to build trust in our marriage. 

If he tells me he'll be home for dinner at 7, I get worried at 7:05.

If he sets a budget, he stays within it.

My husband regularly gives me the gift of consistency.

We've all known people who try to compensate on Christmas morning for what they didn't give the others days that year. Consistency isn't like that. It can't be packaged up and placed under the tree one day of the year. Consistency is something you give...one day, one decision, one promise at a time.

Consistency is something I need to give more often to my family and I don't have to wait for Christmas to give it. I can start right now. 

How would your primary relationships look different if you gave the gift of consistency this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!