Pass It On!



Teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.
2 Timothy 2:2b

We were just one plane with a minor mechanical delay. Our flight wasn't even full at about 2/3 capacity. What difference did it make if 100 people were inconvenienced by a minor difficulty? The problem is 4200 additional passengers were likely impacted over the course of an average travel day at Chicago's O'Hare International. One impact leads to dozens of others. 

Everyday I am faced with dozens of little decisions. 

Will I speak kindly to the person who messes up my drive thru order?

Will I notice the person who needs a smile?

Will I take the time to talk to a lonely senior?

Just as a flight delay can ripple out to impact thousands more than the original seats on the plane, my seemingly insignificant interactions can have far-reaching fingers. 

Wherever we go today, our lives will intersect with others. We will pass something on to them. Let's allow those we bump into to have an encounter with Jesus because we met them at the crossroad and left them with a heart deposit they can give others.

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shannon! I needed that gentle reminder and you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen Shannon,
    I so agree! I have heard a quote recently that said "Be kinder than necessary because everyone is facing some sort of battle". That is the gist of it, not sure if I said it exactly correct.
    I think that is a pretty true statement!!

    Blessings for a great weekend hon,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding value. I just heard a sermon along the same lines, that mentioned the importance of adding value to people's lives through the little everyday things. :)

    Loved your post, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Beautiful message as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post! We so often need this reminder! Sorry I haven't been by your site in a while. Life's been kind of crazy. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, can't wait to reconnect with you - hopping on over!

      Delete
  7. This is such a great reminder. We are called to be faithful with the little things - even (and especially) the little decisions, actions, and attitudes of our hearts everyday. Lovely post! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!