Sharing: So Easy Even Preschoolers Can Do It!

Luke 21:13 (Jesus speaking) And so you will bear testimony to me.

I may have been a bit overzealous during my instruction on the concept of sharing. Last week Carynne (4) gave me an unexpected gift - the stomach flu. And this was no ordinary tummy bug - I was down for the count for most of three days. Mercifully, Carynne is too young to realize that she passed along this silent invader and was to some extent the source of her mother's agony. She was long past her suffering and not cognizant in the least that her illness had a significant negative impact on my life.

Today I am reading Revelation 12. In this chapter a dramatic scene unfolds in heaven. Satan stands before God accusing Christians day and night. His accusations are short lived as he is overcome by Jesus' blood and the testimony of completing ordinary people like you and me.

I have heard it said that there is no greater evidence of God than a changed life. Your story. My story. Our stories. These are powerful weapons that God has given us in the battle for lives all around us. So why then am I ever reluctant to share my story?

Like Carynne and her stomach flu, I seem to have no problem sharing things others don't really care to receive. I share my frustration at a stoplight by honking at the car in front of me. I share my opinion about issues that in the grand scheme of things don't really matter. I have been asked to keep my frustrations, opinions and germs to myself but the outcome is far different when I share my story. I've never had someone ask me to keep my testimony to myself.

Jesus, as I encounter fellow sojourners on this walk of life I pray I will share with them something of value. I ask for the self-restraint to not share that which others don't care to receive and the courage to share that which is a life-changing weapon that defeats Satan's power in my life. Today I will tell the story of Your love and work in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!