We Hide and He Seeks

Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.

A favorite game at our house is hide and go seek. My sweet daughters have a unique combination of stature and flexibility that allows them to stow away in some unusual spaces. They have contorted themselves into clothing hampers and cabinets and mastered the art of quiet breathing that sometimes makes them virtually undetectable in their chosen hideout.

This morning I am reading Revelation 6. As the Lamb of God opens six of seven seals, various prophetic events unfold for John's view. After the sixth is opened, John notes that the "kings of earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves among the rocks of the mountains. Although John speaks of events yet to come, the truth written here is just as applicable today. All people are subject to the tendency to want to hide.

Whether we duck behind title and position, hide behind walls of insecurity or cower under blankets of shame and fear, we hide. However, no matter how well we contort ourselves, Jesus still sees us. His love reaches into our darkness. He calls us out of our caves to join Him where delight and joy dwell in abundance.

Jesus, You see behind my coverings and into my heart. You seek me every day even when I attempt to hide my heart from Your sight. Today help me remember that there is no place I can hide from Your presence. You will find me behind any disguise. I am never hidden from Your loving eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!