Status: Delayed No Longer

2 Corinthians 6:2b Now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

I was either born or developed into an accomplished procrastinator.
  • In college, I would wait until the last possible moment to study or work on a project. Somehow I skated through and even managed to turn out some fairly good grades.
  • I have hosted a multitude of dinner parties that I prepared the same day I gave them. Amazingly, most of them turn out quite well.
  • I have left on vacations that I only began to pack for hours before I departed. I usually end up packing what I need.
This morning I am reading 2 Corinthians 6. This chapter centers around the theme of displaying godly character in every situation. Whether beaten, hungry, slandered or imprisoned, Paul did not allow his surroundings or circumstances to derail God's plan for his life.

He knew intimately that now is the right time to be in God's will. Today is the right day to answer His call. My procrastination in my study habits, party planning or vacation execution pale when I realize the seriousness of postponing God's best for me. Why would I ever wait to enjoy the fullness of God's goodness? In Ephesians 3:19, Paul prays that the church there would be "filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

Jesus, I know You long to fill me. You are waiting on me to ask to be filled. Today I will rise above circumstances and distractions and embrace Your best for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!