Wrap Some Faith Up Under My Tree

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

I have a confession. I've been throwing a secret pity party for myself for several weeks now. You see it's the first year in my adult life that I have not been invited to a single Christmas party. Yes I've made merry with the cheer moms. It's true that I will soon celebrate with the pom moms. However, when it comes to grCheck Spellingoup gatherings one is somewhat included rather than invited.

Little did I know, God would interrupt my pity party for one with a surprise much sweeter than an invitation in my mailbox. Tonight some sweet soul prompted likely only by a motive of love, dropped a pear ornament on our front doorstep to mark the first day of Christmas. I can only assume that other surprises will follow. Perhaps even eleven of them. Now that far surpasses a fiesta. This is a festival!

Today I am reading Hebrews 11. This chapter is often referred to as the "Role Call of the Faithful". The faith of many saints is celebrated. "Big" names such as Noah, Abraham and Moses find a place here but so do lesser known individuals. Every person listed here has one thing in common. They believed God.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." True faith knows God pens every invitation that finds its way to my door. Real faith waits in expectation of what God will do.

Jesus, thank you for the sweet reminder You placed on my doorstep tonight. You are near. You are in control. You will meet my every need. That is why I can have sincere faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!