That Winning Feeling

Proverbs 2:7-8 He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.

Clara (5) wants to win. There's no other way to say it. Whether we're playing Candyland or Memory, she has a singular goal in mind - victory.

Recently, she found a new show that she wants to watch. It's called The Avengers and is a compilation of many great comic book heroes of old. The Hulk, Captain America, Ironman and others have formed an alliance that should make any super villain think twice before exacting his evil plan. I doubt she's interested in the fight scenes or even the heroics. Knowing Clara, she is drawn to fact that the Avengers win against all odds. No matter how grim the situation appears, victory is just in store.

Today's passage is Revelation 17. In this chapter, a powerful woman and the kings of earth band together to battle Christ. They are the ultimate super villains; Jesus is our hero. "They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lord and Kings and kings." (Verse 14).

No matter what it is I am up against today, Jesus is my conqueror. No matter how grim my situation may appear, victory is just in store. Jesus has already paid for the victory.

Jesus, You are my shield. My guard. My protection. Today I will trust in You knowing there is nothing I can encounter that You have not already chosen to ultimate become a victory in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!