Day 22 of Prayer Guide - Perseverance for Your Heart

Day Twenty Two
Perseverance for Your Heart

2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

Nothing is impossible. This is a core belief for you. When you reach a sticking point, you push through. You’ve been bootstrapping as far back as you can remember. Suddenly, you’ve reached a point where your heart simply won’t follow your feet. You feel stuck; unable to proceed.

Hindered one, come embrace perseverance for your heart.

Today I Pray for You:

·         To stop pushing through and start being directed by the Source of true perseverance.
·         To discover the mine of perseverance that exists in the depth of God’s love.

Today You Pray:

Never Ending One, I’m weary from trying. Though my effort tends to meet with “success”, I wonder if I chase the wrong goal. What if true perseverance is found in a gentle push from You rather than a pull from my own strength?

For too long I’ve measured progress as forward. Shift me down into Your bottomless well of love. The further I dive into Your arms, the more You fuel perseverance in my heart. Entwined, You carry me forward.

8 comments:

  1. Shannon - this is exactly how I feel about a certain aspect of my life. Doing things in my own strength brings temporary results, and the rest is a continuous circle. Great encouragement to let God lead me.
    God bless precious friend
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, don't you love how we can trust God to lead us knowing He'll never lead us somewhere we don't want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what I needed to read and pray about this morning. :)

    Blessings,
    Rosann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that prayerful verse... I am so grateful for God's love and for the perseverance that Christ offers me! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this "The further I dive into Your arms, the more You fuel perseverance in my heart." Great encourgement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosann, I love waking up and praying with and over you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi, we persevere together as we forget what's behind and press on toward what's ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelli, I too often forget that to go forward, I need to stop and seek Him.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!