A Limited Word Count


The Lord was with Samuel as he grew up, 
and he let none of his words fall to the ground.
1 Samuel 3:19

A blanket of ginger-hued leaves blanketed my lawn that just the evening before was summer green. It was as if they made a pact with one another to fall on the same night. When one fell, all the rest followed.

Talking to my teens can be like that. As my parenting daylight gets shorter, I communicate with greater urgency. My intention is good but sometimes I allow a whole pile of words to fall, when a few would be sufficient. I need a reminder that...

When words are many, sin is not absent.
Proverbs 10:19

Just as God made Samuel's words count, I need to trust Him to make mine count in the hearts and lives of my children. 


Do you ever find yourself saying more than is necessary? How do you keep a limited word count?

3 comments:

  1. Well thought out and good questions lady! May we continue to learn God's grace and wisdom... ~ Love from Maine, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I ever find myself saying more words than necessary??? Only every day ... and my seven year old tells me so, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES, YES, YES all in bold letter, YES I do find I speak too many words when only a few would do or fewer words.

    In a Bible study of James and his words, be swift to hear and slow to speak run though my heart often.

    Sometimes I will have our son, 31, read something wrote and he will tell me...too many adjectives Mom, say it this way. How we need those who love us to point those kind of things out for it is for our good.

    Great post...Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!