Standing Room Only


Yet this is what the Sovereign Lord says:
"It will not take place, it will not happen."
Isaiah 7:7

I lost it. Completely, utterly and without warning. Even now I don't know how my morning snuck up on me and enticed me to come undone. 

I do know that lately I've been feeling like God had me so far out of my comfort zone that I can't even see it from here. I dare to dream with Him about all He will do in and through me but it's all at once awe-inspiring and terrifying. I think I just wanted something in my life to seem safe and within the bounds of my control. So when my younger two blatantly disobeyed not once but twice this morning something came unhinged. 

After I dropped them off at school, I came crawling to the arms of God, reminded afresh how desperately I need Him every hour, every minute of my day. I have God-sized dreams tucked inside and I believe every person does. We can make big plans for our day, our week or even our lives based on those God-sized dreams but ultimately God is in control. It will not take place or happen if God does not ordain it. 

Later in Isaiah 7, it says, "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all." (Verse 9) That's part of what happened to me this morning. I hadn't spent time alone with God. I rushed into my day without Him. Clearly I can't handle life on my own. 

If I'm not standing on Him, I can't stand at all.

Do you have a big dream?

Perhaps you're dreaming this morning of a child who returns to the faith or a godly marriage. Maybe you're believing you can impact the inner city or an overseas orphanage. Your big dream will not unfold if God isn't in it. Too often though I forget it also won't unfold if I'm not standing firm in my faith. If I want my big dream to come to fruition, my life has to be standing room only...

What dream are you standing on today? Is faith standing with you?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great post. I do find that my life works so much better when I pray and listen to what my heart and God is saying. It amazes me how dreams unfold when I put them in God's hands. So nice to visit here today. Just what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be able to read faith-building posts like this! It's so easy for me to "lose it" with my kids when I am lose the perfect peace He gives when my mind is not stayed on Him. I guess my dream right now is for stability in my family life and to be used of God. The only thing I have standing with me is my faith! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. Some days are harder than others, and it's certainly helpful to have such a strong relationship with God that you always know you have somewhere to turn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling when you just break down, I feel like I have been doing that a lot lately. :( Hard to be patient when so much is going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your honesty. It helps to know I'm not the only one. I've been ready to blow a fuse all day, with two kids sick and one with a giant attitude who needs an elaborate hairstyle for rehearsal tonight. All on three hours of sleep! Very encouraging post. Right now, my dream is to make it through today without alienating my kids for the rest of my life, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so easy to come undone, isn't it. I always remind myself, don't sweat the small things;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!