Perfect Packaging

Psalm 139:14 I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Today begins a new book of the Bible. New things are simply just a lot of fun. Whether it's the new car smell or the clicking of a fresh pair of flip flops, with the new comes pleasure. This morning that pleasure is John 1:1-28, my favorite beginning of any of the gospels. There is great peace and confidence in knowing that Jesus has been at the side of the Father since The Beginning. Not a star has twinkled nor a snail slithered that Jesus has not experienced.

My heart is really smitten today though with the 3rd verse. "Through him (Jesus) all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." That means I literally passed through Jesus' hands as I was being brought to life.

  • My thighs that carry more passengers than I would like, passed through the hands of God.
  • My mind that doesn't remember things as speedily as would suit me, was shaped by the hands of Jesus.
  • My mouth that talks too much and my ears that don't listen enough, were fashioned by the hands of the Savior.

Through the hands that healed the blind, my hips were produced. Through the hands that broke bread feeding thousands, my nose was made. Through the hands that spread wide on the cross, my heart was formed. I am a miracle!

Now don't get me wrong. I'm a huge proponent of doing the best I can with what God has given me. I'm all for eating right, getting enough rest, exercising and daily using my anti-wrinkle cream. In fact, I'll go so far as to say I love my anti-wrinkle cream. I am certain it makes me look at least 39....oh wait, I am 39. The lesson for me today is to not be so consumed with my packaging as I am with my praise, not to be so absorbed with my make-up as I am with my Maker.

God did not have to choose to fashion every one of us. We could have just been spoken us into existence like so much else in creation. Yet, He desired His seal of approval to be found on each one of us. He wants us to bear His personal inspection sticker that reads, "No manufacturer's defects".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!