Prayer Guide Day 12 - Health for Your Heart

Day Twelve
Health for Your Heart

John 7:38 (Jesus Talking) Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’

Is it possible to live with a rock in your chest? The heaviness umbrellas your heart and blocks the joy you once felt. This season should be celebratory, but your heart plays a mournful tune.

Suffering one, come gulp joy.

Today I Pray for You:

·         To drink deeply from the life-altering Well

·         That your joy would siphon from the Source of all strength and goodness

Today You Pray:

Living Water, my heart is cracked with thirst for You. I come to the Well dragging my stone of a heart. A trickle of Your river of grace is enough to swell the banks of my heart.

The walls of my chest revive with Your love. May Your joy flow through me and splash over all who walk this journey of preparation. I came empty; I leave filled with You.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon - lovely prayer, I can just imagine my heart swelling with God's life giving waters. Hope you have a awesome week this week.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon!
    Had to stop over for my daily fix from your blog.
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my stone of a heart... thank you Jesus for your refreshment and filling! Blessings Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, What a beautiful picture! I can see your heart overflowing with God's goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Journey With Candida,

    Love it when you stop by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi, love you sister. So thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan, thanks for stopping by. So thankful you were refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shannon, such a beautiful prayer. I know this speaks to my heart and it will speak to so many others going through painful or difficult times. Thanks for this series. It's so uplifting and encouraging.

    Many Blessings,
    Rosann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, awesome post and so inspiring. I love the last part of your prayer that you always can fill up after learning about God.
    Hope you have a great day,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came to you first via Alexa and am in tears becasue Jesus met me here too. I have been trying inmy own strength lately. I am going to be resting in the fount that is found in Jesus! Thank you! This blessed me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbara, thrilled for you to stop by the oasis today. Imagining you marching into your day filled with God!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thomasina, what a beautiful thing - I love it when Jesus meets me right where I am. He always knows what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog title and background.

    Such beautiful words of encouragement. I have been in that place before. Struggling through trial and suffering.

    Right now I am in a place of deep,abiding joy and jubilation! He is there in both places and he isn't any different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie love this, "He is there in both place and He isn't any different". Amen, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shannon this is so good! Not so long ago my heart was like stone but Jesus changed it! Drinking deeply from the life-altering well...love that!!
    Thank you~Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaah that hits the spot! Sometimes I'm surprised at the dry cracked condition of my heart. Why is that, I know my daily sustenance comes from Jesus, but still I'm surprised when I'm running ragged. Thanks for the reminder not to sip, but to stop and gulp!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chelle, isn't that a miracle? Only God can replace my heart of stone with flesh that beats for Him.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beck, I need to receive all I can from Him...a trickle simply won't do. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!