Not Restored - Renewed


I am on vacation this week, so I'll be featuring a mixture of old favorites and new writing here on Jesus & My Orange Juice. I'll still be on Social Media and responding to comments though so feel free to leave a comment.
______________________________________



May your love and your truth always protect me.
Psalm 40:11b

Every time I looked at my hand it was like a thousand rainbows has descended from the sky and landed on my finger. When my sweetheart asked me to marry him, his invitation was accompanied by a ring so beautiful it seemed more a dream than his proposal. Its' beauty was more surface than sure, however, and after just eight years of marriage my setting needed serious repair.

The jeweler's evaluation was not positive. They could repair it but not restore it to its' original condition. My setting had been battered and would never return to the designer's intended level of beauty. Thankfully, my ring is insured and my insurance company is willing to protect its' investment. They will pay to have my setting replaced rather than risk the total loss of the stone set within.

My life was in need of serious repair. I had been battered and I could not return to my Designer's intended level of beauty. Thankfully, my life is insured and my Insurer is willing to protect His investment. He sent a Replacement for me to make my life something entirely new.

I want to I approach life like I value the gift of the Insurer. His invitation is accompanied by a life so beautiful it seems like a dream. I long to take the time to thank Him in moments both easy and stressful. I want to delight in the way His grace dances around and in my life like a thousand rainbows.

I seek to protect His investment. I desire to guard my words knowing they shape the beauty of my world. I want to hedge my family with prayer. I want to know His heart so He will revolutionize mine.

The Insurer does more than restore. He Re-News.



Where do you need renewal today?

8 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for His renewal! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, Just this reminder that He is our perfect Renewer is refreshment to start my day. Thanks for this gem. And enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing how He is a never-ending well of refreshment and restoration?

      Delete
  3. Shannon I loved this post! Thank you, it was just what I needed to read! I also loved seeing your beautiful ring and am glad that both you and it have been renewed! Wishing you and your famiy a wonderful holiday! Much love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, so thankful your heart was renewed...along with my ring. XO!

      Delete
  4. Shannon, you have such a gift for analogies as a writer I think! Not easy to do, and make everything fit together, and you pull it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Courtney. As I was running this morning with my hubby I was telling him about you and how much I admire you! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!