A Truth Revolution

Psalm 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.

The road to my divorce began when I  believed one lie - I would be happy if my husband loved me.  My path was paved when I believed the second - I would be fulfilled if any man truly loved me.

This morning I am reading Psalm 11.  David tackles the subject of longing.  He is yearning for a nation in which every heart is true to God.  In the midst of his contemplation, shots are fired in the dark at the upright of heart (verse 2). 

Paul would clarify centuries later that those shots are defended by the shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16).  When I face a crisis moment in which I have to choose to believe a lie or the truth, I have to choose to take refuge with God and in His truth.
  • When you feel lonely in your marriage - Run to Jesus
  • When a friend betrays you - Run to Jesus
  • When you receive bitterly disappointing news - Run to Jesus
If I run to Jesus and decide to walk with Him in faith, I extinguish the lie in my life with truth.  My path is laid in a new direction - His. 

Jesus, help me recognize a lie when it is whispered into my ear.  Give me enough strength to run to You and take up the shield of faith.  With that shield firmly in hand, lies are extinguished and Truth revealed.  My life becomes a Truth Revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!