I've Got the Power

Psalm 68:35 You are awesome, O God, in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.


When Scott and I married, we decided to honeymoon in Italy. We spent a number of days in both Rome and Venice. It was on the island community of Murano that we found the treasure we brought home to remind us of our trip. Murano is famous for its' production of hand-blown glass. Each piece is exquisite and the shapes we saw there matched almost anything our minds could have imagined.

It was when I saw something I hadn't conceived that my attention was drawn. A single shop contained hand-blown lamps with glass intricately woven among metal work. When we arrive home, I proudly showed my friends and family our "find". The only issue was our find wasn't wired for American outlets. A trip to the electrician would be required to transform my treasure into a useful house fixture.

This morning I am reading Ephesians 3. This chapter contains one my favorite prayers (Verses 14-21). I have studied this prayer many times but today the word power leaps from the page. That word is repeated three times in these verse. The idea of living a powerful, Spirit-filled life is exciting, enticing and engaging to my heart.
  • Power Source (Verse 16) - First, Paul prays that God would strengthen them with power in their inner beings. Deep within are my solar panels. It is through the Son, Jesus, growing faith in my heart that God's power is generated in my life.

  • Power Outlet (Verse 18) - Once generated, that power makes me capable to grasp the intensity of God's love for me. When I plug into His outlet, He fills me with Himself. No surge protector is needed. I can plug my heart directly into Him.

  • Power Plant (Verse 20) - Finally, Paul notes that God can do far more than we could ever even imagine using the power that lies within every Christian. God's power plant doesn't ever experience service interruption. There is no storm forceful enough to knock down His power lines. He's always bringing power to my house. Sometimes I just fail to turn on the lights.

Jesus, there is power in knowing you. Your power has been freely given to me. Today help me recognize the power source, plug into the power outlet and utilize the power plant. You are the Master Electrician always ready to wire me for Your use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!