Fill Her Up, Please


The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:3


When I was a single mom, my tank ran on perpetual empty. A lack of funds coupled with a lack of time equaled many prayers uttered over gasoline. I can not begin to count the number of times I coasted into a station on fumes and prayer.


My car isn't the only part of me that used to run on empty. For much of my life, my heart ran on empty toward anything and anyone I thought could fill it. When we have a lack, we long to quench our emptiness.


In my post I mention my Handsome Daddy -
Here he is with my Mom on their 50th wedding anniversary
June 11, 2011
I wrote about this today at Keeping It Personal. Won't you join me there today as we find love full-filled? Fill her up, please!

10 comments:

  1. Shannon, I have had my fair share of running on empty in my life! Thank God, He is always there waiting to fill me up! I read your post on Keeping It Personal. I tweeted the post and put in on fb and G+!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks Erin, you have such a kind, generous heart. Your heart fills mine!

      Delete
  2. visited, brilliant post as always Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon... I always truly enjoy reading your posts... funny, I can't tell you how many times my daughter and I have had to pray to make it to a gas station or even just home! and you're right.. your Daddy is very handsome ;) Blessings :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I couldn't be the only one! ha! I'd like to say I look like my handsome daddy but my face actually more resembles my beautiful mommy. :)

      Delete
  4. Great post, Shannon! I have experienced the same things in my life.... always chasing, but never filling. I'm thankful that God has all that we could ever need... we've just got to surrender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. We needed to find the right filling station! :)

      Delete
  5. What a very handsome couple! The gas station thing is the worst, huh;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped today right when the light came on though! Progress!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!