Mirror, Mirror


And we all reflect the Lord's glory.
2 Corinthians 3:18


Let's face it. My four little sweeties reflect their mom.


When they get good grades, they reflect my intelligence.


When they get a lower one, they reflect my tendency to procrastinate.


When they make healthy eating choices, they reflect my dedication to fitness.


When they reach for one too many cookies, they reflect my tendency toward impulsiveness.


Do you struggle with the reflection your kids portray of you? I wrote about this today at A Pastor's Wives Garden. Don't let the blog name scare you, there's hope for every parent there today. Join me?

8 comments:

  1. I have step-daughters, so it's hard to say on that, but I know that I am more and more like my Mom every day I get older!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if that's the case, I know your mom is proud!

      Delete
  2. I don't have children but I find the kids at school often begin saying things that I say and mimicking certain things I do. It's a little intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I hadn't thought of that! A teacher has so many little protiges! Definitely daunting!

      Delete
  3. Okay, darling... we have to stop trending like this. My post title today? REFLECTIONS! :) Slightly different focus, but along the same lines... as usual. :)

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that's hilarious. We're like soul sisters separated at birth! Very special!

      Delete
  4. Yes, I agree with you-and hopefully they are picking up on the best parts of everyone they encounter, and learning from what doesn't feel right to them!
    http://mamawolfe-living.blogspot.com/2012/06/stand-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I pray they're picking up on the best parts! :)

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Thank you for your comments!